Christmas in the Poconos is really something special! I’ve always loved Christmas, with its happiness, yummy treats, and bright colors. But celebrating it in the Poconos Mountains is even better. Picture this: hills covered in snow, lakes frozen over for skiing – it’s a winter wonderland!
The whole area lights up with decorations and buzzes with Christmas activities. The Poconos is not just about pretty views; it’s full of exciting events too. Believe me, anywhere you go in the Poconos during Christmas, you’ll find a festive spirit like no other.
In this blog, I’m going to talk about this magical feeling and vibe of the Poconos during Christmas. I’ll share all about the festival activities and attractions in the mountains. So, come along with me on this cool and cheerful Christmas journey in the Poconos!
A Mesmerizing Winter Feeling In Poconos: An Overview
I would never get bored of enjoying the Christmas activities in Poconos, the chilling feel in the air, the sound of bells ringing, and the many exciting things to do in the winter season. As I said before, I adore the thrilling yet refreshing experience I receive from skiing, sledding, sightseeing, horseback riding in the winter across the hills and snowy trails and many more. What more could you ask for a freezing advent season?
Oh and the lights! They are the actual attention grabbers. You should definitely witness the Pocono Mountains filled with glittering lights and decorations, one of my favorite things to witness and take photos of during the winter season.
Glowing Lights and Tree Farms: Christmas Events in Poconos
Most of the winter events kick off during late November till the end of December, among those my first thing to do is visiting the enchanting tree farms in the Poconos. As the whole farm would be lit with lanterns and decorations it makes the whole place really glamorous. The most amazing feature that I love is that we get to choose our own tree to cut down for crafting a beautiful Xmas Tree.
Get to enjoy the whole beauty of the farm in a wagon, no matter if the trails are covered in snow, you can enjoy the whole wonderland just sitting inside your wagon covered by a blanket. If you want to make your ride in the farms more interesting, grab a yummy hot cocoa from the cocoa stations inside the farms and make your time more appetizing. From the farms that I’ve visited these were my favorites:
- Yenser’s Tree Farm
- Christmas Hours: 9am to dark on Weekends & 3pm to dark on Weekdays.
- Location: 1910 Mahoning Drive East
- Walker’s Tree Farm
- Open all day from 9am to 5pm
- Location: 308 Spruce St, Lehighton, PA 18235
There are some stunning Tree light displays in Poconos which is one of my favorite Christmas festival activities for me during the winter season. I love taking photos of the glittering and shining displays all around the regions as they are such a feast for our eyes. Let me list out some of the beautiful places which shines across the area:
- Olde Time Christmas
- Time: Differs according to the activities
- Location: 1 Susquehanna St in Jim Thorpe, PA
- Belvin Family Christmas Light Show
- 5pm to 10pm on Sunday to Thursday
- 5pm to 11pm on Saturdays and Fridays
- Location: The Belvin Family Residence in 464 Cherry Lane Road at East Stroudsburg, PA
Spots For Celebrating A Beautiful Christmas at Poconos
Christmas has always been the most celebrated festival of all time and in the Poconos you could enjoy and have an amazing time with your loved ones at various locations across the mountains.
The charming aura of winter in Poconos keeps attracting me to their best places to celebrate xmas night. I’ll brief you through some of those great attractions:
Jim Thorpe Victorian-Era Christmas
One of my best places to enjoy a Victorian feel during the holidays. Jim Thorpe is such an alluring town with the style of the Victorian Era, has been my first place to start celebrating the holidays. The whole town would be filled with activities and Christmas festival ideas for everyone.
The celebrations usually kick off with the beautiful tree lighting ceremonies and there are Santa Train rides and Christmas shopping centers with gift shops, which I loved taking my family for.
Stroudsburg Quiet Valley Old TIme Christmas
Stroudsburg is another amazing spot in the Poconos for a beautiful Christmas celebration. Experience the feel of the 1800’s Christmas candlelight guided tour from Quiet Valley at Stroudsburg. The farm will be filled with lights, lanterns and many other luminaries. I love to sit by the bonfire and share stories with my family, also visiting the Christmas Tree Forest where they decorate the whole trees around the area.
Hawley Winter Festival
A great place to make your Christmas much more special is the Hawley Winter Festival. The whole festival is just overflowing with charming lights, decorations and even Christmas carols. Oh and one cannot miss their WinterFest Parade.
I love taking my family on horse-carriage rides and to their exquisite food spots, the festival is filled with Christmas feast ideas. The winter does not end with these activities, you may try going for horseback riding in the winter which is more thrilling than carriage rides.
The whole winter season is really fascinating in the Hawley Winter Festival, the local brewery is another great addition to their menu, also my first pick for tasting some exquisite wine.
Christmas Dinner Food Ideas in Poconos
There is so much more to the festive season than just events in Poconos, you shouldn’t miss the tasty meals in the restaurants of Poconos. You may order a take out or my choice is to dine-in at a family restaurant or a brew pub which has unique flavors from all over the world. Let me list out some of the best delicious meals I’ve had from the region:
- Enjoy Dinner or Grab a drink from Boulder View Tavern as you may witness the frosty big boulder lake
- Have some spicy and delicious burgers from Trackside Grill and Bar while watching your big game from their multiple game screenings.
- Willie Mae’s Place is perfect for hosting holiday parties or reunions and they offer some of the most appetizing southern comfort food.
Shopping in the Advent Season
There is no other time for shopping better than a perfect holiday season. Poconos do offer some of the best places for shopping during Christmas festivities. Get in many of the crafty yet specialty shops in Poconos, also with stunning local outlets. In the Poconos, the shoppers can choose from all of the wide array of things and feel the thrill of shopping at flea markets, antique shops and even art galleries.
- Shop from Pocono Premium Outlets in Tannersville for designers and branded stores with some great deals.
- Buy Gifts for your loved ones from Faded Lace Boutique and Wallflower
- Buy Souvenirs from Alpine Ski & Gift Shops
Comfy Holiday Staycations
The mountains of the Poconos have some of the cozy yet luxurious places for vacations I’ve been to. Staycations are always an essential part of going for holiday trips for me. After all the celebrations and adventures, a place to crash is a must! So I’ll brief you through the many types of properties where you could stay during a festive season.
- Mansions are always my first preference when it comes to staycations as I would get all the amenities and the best hospitality available. Mansions are perfect for large groups of guests to stay together and do activities together at the same time in a single place. One can even host parties in a mansion which is a great plus point. They do provide amenities like pool, spa, workspaces, gaming consoles, party areas and many more
- Cottages can be the coziest place for you to stay during winter seasons. Perfect place for a family to stay without any outside interference. Sitting near the fireplace covered in a blanket with your loved ones can be a special feeling.
- A Holiday Bungalow can be the best place for immersing yourself in calmness and serenity. Enjoying sitting near a fireplace or barbecuing with friends and family can be a beautiful holiday staying in experience. Bungalows are always provided with all of the amenities you require, from fully equipped kitchens to workspaces.
Enhance Your Holiday Experience
Christmas in the Poconos is not just events and festivities , there are so many more
thrilling winter activities awaiting for you to enjoy a beautiful holiday with your loved ones. I’ll point out some tips for you to have a blast out of your holiday celebrations.
- Experience the thrill of skiing in Poconos during the festive season. You may also teach skiing to your kids which will be a great memory for you and them
- The christmas fun does not end with the dark, there are many after dark shows and activities in the regions like
- Music shows from tribute bands
- Play table games 24/7
- Grab a drink from the bars and feel the nightlife
- Try Ice fishing at Lake Wallenpaupack. A permit from Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commision is important.
- Snowmobiling through the pines of the forest can be an exhilarating feel.
- Try Ziplining between trees and scale bridges for an adventurous vibe.
- Plan a new year’s eve in Poconos and make your new year more memorable.
Poconos can be a spectacular holiday experience for anyone. The region is known for its many tourist attractions across the whole of Pennsylvania. Furthermore, during the winter season the mountains will be glowing everywhere with lanterns and decorations with a huge range of activities in the regions.
Travel to the Poconos to make your Holidays filled with joy, laughter and beautiful memories. Take part in the events and festivals over the region along with your family and friends. Enjoy shopping and gifting your loved ones from the many local stores or specialty stores in the region.
Enjoy a great stay during the winter and feel the warmth of the indoors by choosing your preferred type of stay. We at HolidayKeepers can provide you with the best vacation rentals with the highest hospitality available in this holiday season. For more details, contact us for any doubts or queries.
Q: What are the best places to celebrate Christmas in Poconos?
A: There are many locations in Poconos for enjoying a great holiday season like:
- Jim Thorpe
Q: What are the best Christmas events in Poconos?
A: There are several events in christmas such as
- Watch Christmas Tree Lightings
- Skiing, Ice skating or snowmobiling
- Meet Santa Claus
- Holiday Dinings
Q: Can I visit any holiday events for free?
A: Most of the events require entry tickets or passes.
Paul P, Senior Editor and Travel Planner at HolidayKeepers, brings over 10 years of experience from New York. He expertly combines storytelling with extensive knowledge in travel and hospitality. Known for turning vibrant travel experiences into engaging articles, Paul covers everything from hidden gems to the latest in vacation rentals, resonating with adventurers and leisure-seekers alike.