Camping is a great way to get in touch with nature, the tranquil woods of Tobyhanna allows you to truly immerse yourself in the enchanting views of the Pocono Mountains, guaranteeing a terrific camping experience. If you want to know more about beautiful Tobyhanna then you can check out our Guide blog.
This beautiful place in the Poconos is a great destination for campers of all kinds. So, in this blog, we will take you to some best Tobyhanna Campgrounds and provide you with insights to make your camping experience extra blissful.
Where to Pitch a Tent in Tobyhanna?
Hemlock Campground & Cottages
Hemlock Campground & Cottages is a fun-filled family-friendly camping ground located in the heart of the Poconos. This campground features level wooded campsites for tents, pop-ups, and RVs, and also offers fully equipped and comfortable cottages.
Plus, the place is pet friendly, so your furry friends can join in on your camping fun.
Each of the rustic campsites comes with a fire ring and a picnic table. You can choose a primitive site without any utilities or sites with water and electricity.
On-site, there’s a bathhouse with a shower, flush toilets, sinks, and hand dryers. They also have a public phone and a laundry facility with coin-operated washers and dryers. So, don’t leave home without your change!
Activities on Offer
- Check-in time is 2 pm, all check-ins must be before 9 pm.
- Check-out time is 1 pm and for cottages 11 am.
- The quiet hour begins at 10 pm and is enforced until 8 am.
- Please respect the 5 MPH speed limit to protect our children, pets, and wildlife.
|Mount Airy Casino
|Tobyhanna State Park
|The Crossing Factory Outlets
|Camelback Water Park
Tobyhanna State Park
Tobyhanna State Park camping offers some of the best campsites in all of Tobyhanna. With captivating views of the lake and the enchanting forest, it is a great place to unwind with your loved ones.
Located at an elevation of about 2000 ft above sea level, the park is 5440 acres of wilderness with mellow weather and is also home to the stunning Tobyhanna Lake. This campsite is a great place to absorb the quietness of nature and if you are in the right place at the right time, you might see a glimpse of incredible wildlife.
Tobyhanna State Park has 140 mixed-use campsites and each campsite has a fire ring, grill, and picnic table. There are 26 sites with 50-amp electricity and water, the rest of the sites are non-powered but have water connections.
Some of the basic amenities include flushable toilets, hot showers, laundry facilities, and a dump station. Also, pets are allowed in most sections of the park and campground.
Activities on Offer
- Staying overnight in Pennsylvania state parks requires reservations to be made in advance.
- The 135-site camping area is open from the second Friday in April to the third Sunday in October.
- Pets are permitted at selected campsites for a fee.
- Do not feed wildlife
|Gouldsboro State Park
|Camelback Mountain Adventures
|Kalahari Indoor Waterpark
|Poconos Outdoor Adventure Tours
|Steamtown National Historic Site
Chestnut lake campground
Chestnut lake campground is nestled amidst the beautiful Poconos Mountains and stretches across 100 acres. This year-round campground has a welcoming and family-friendly atmosphere where you can meet like-minded people, relax by the secluded lake beach or take in the views of the scenic mountains surrounding the campsite.
The place has all the basic amenities like shaded full hookup sites, showers, and clean restrooms. They offer a laundry room and dump stations, an on-site campground store from where you can stock up on essentials and even fill propane at the propane refill station.
The campground loves pets, so it’s pet friendly, but it also loves its guest, so it is advisable to keep your pets on a leash!
Activities on Offer
- Quiet hours are 11 PM to 8 AM
- Check-in is at 2:00 PM and check-out is at noon.
- The speed limit is 5 MPH inside the campground.
- Parents are responsible for their children at all times.
- No bicycle riding after dark. All children 12 and under must wear helmets.
- No use of firearms, fireworks, or ATVs inside the camp.
|The Crossings Premium Outlets
|Blue Mountain Ski Resort
Tips for Camping
- To make sure you have an enjoyable camping trip it is advisable to check the weather forecast at least two to three days ahead of your trip.
- Carry weather protections like jackets, umbrellas, and raincoats as the weather can be unpredictable in the mountain region.
- One of the biggest things that can ruin your camping trip is finding yourself unprepared to face certain situations. Make sure you carry important essentials like tents, sleeping bags, cooking equipment, and insect repellents, and leave nothing to chance.
- Also, reservations are encouraged, because the campsites tend to quickly get fully booked during the spring and summer seasons.
- Finally, following park regulations, such as proper food storage, quiet hours, fire safety, and ensures a safe and enjoyable experience for all campers.
The stunning forests of Tobyhanna coupled with various activities and amenities, make it an ideal location for camping, especially for the first timers. Tobyhanna campsites are the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and connect with nature. With its stunning scenery, abundant wildlife, and variety of activities, the region is a great place to have fun.
After having an adventure-filled camping experience, retreat back to the comfort of luxury at HolidayKeepers, where we offer a wide range of elegant vacation homes just for you.
Q:What kind of camping activities are available in Tobyhanna?
A: Tobyhanna offers various camping activities such as hiking, fishing, boating, swimming, picnicking, and wildlife viewing. The area also has designated camping sites for tents and RVs, as well as cabins for rent.
Q: What is the best time of year to visit the Tobyhanna area for camping?
A: The best time to visit Tobyhanna for camping is during the summer months, from June to August when the weather is warm and there is less chance of rain. However, spring and fall can also be good times to visit for those who prefer cooler temperatures and smaller crowds.
Q: What are the camping fees for staying in Tobyhanna?
A: Camping fees in Tobyhanna vary depending on the type of camping site and amenities offered. Tent sites start at around $20 per night, while RV sites can cost up to $50 per night. Cabins are available for rent at a higher rate.
Q: Are campfires allowed in Tobyhanna?
A: Yes, campfires are generally allowed in Tobyhanna, but only in designated fire rings or grills. However, there may be fire restrictions in place during periods of high fire danger.
Q: Are pets allowed in the campground?
A: Yes, pets are allowed in the campground but must be kept on a leash at all times and cleaned up after. Some areas may have additional restrictions, so it is best to check with the campground before bringing your pet.
Q:Are there any safety rules that campers should be aware of?
A: Campers should be aware of safety rules such as keeping food properly stored to prevent attracting wildlife, following fire regulations, and staying aware of weather conditions that may cause hazards such as lightning or flash floods.
Q: What is the best way to make a reservation for a camping spot in Tobyhanna?
A:The best way to make a reservation for a camping spot in Tobyhanna is to visit the Pennsylvania State Parks website or call the park office. Reservations can be made up to 11 months in advance and are recommended during peak season.